Thursday, October 11, 2007

Hello, Oliver!


For those of you who really know me, you can vouch for me when I say that I've never been a big dog person/lover. (Ask Roy or Donna Graham--I almost killed their dog Maggie once while I was dog-sitting--but of course, not on purpose!!) I mean, I like dogs, but just not in my house! I don't like the way they smell, I get annoyed when an "accident" occurs, and since I'm a clean freak, I hate dog hair! I probably sound like I'm being way too anal (and I probably am!), but thats just the way I've always been. However, when I married my sweet husband, I inherited a dog as well--the sweetest, yet ugliest dog you have ever met. Her name is Jasmine (her pic. is above). She's an English bull-dog with hereditary mange....yep, thats right! So, in all reality, she looks more like a pot bellied pig than a dog. But over the last 10 months, I have fallen in love with Jasmine! She is so obedient and loving and hontestly wouldn't hurt a fly...she sleeps the majority of the time too...which I love. :) haha So, this is a HUGE step for me...having a dog in my house and loving her being there!


Well, last night, we had a precious little visitor stop by our house...Oliver!! Michael (Joshua's cousin) bought his girlfriend the most ADORABLE little dog for her b-day so they called to see if they could stop by to show us...by the time they left, I was asking Joshua if we could get ANOTHER dog...can you believe that? I think Joshua fell in love with Oliver too. Who knows, maybe I'm a dog lover after all??????






PS--As you can see, Jasmine is no where to be found in these pictures. She was upstairs on her bed pouting because another dog was getting some attention. I guess thats what happens when you have only 1 dog...kind of like an only-child syndrome! (no offense to only children...their not all like that!!) haha :)

7 comments:

Heather said...

I can totally relate. I am not really a dog person either and here we have a puppy. Of course he seems to want to be around me the most. He is sweet, but I am not a the love stage yet. We will see if it takes 10 months!

Donna said...

Christy, I am with you on not being fond of dogs---or any inside pet. I tell Roy that I am Cruella DeVil because I "tolerate" Maggie. I'm laughing remembering how Maggie almost died! Deep down, I wouldn't have been all that mad...shhh...don't tell Roy!

Christy said...

haha...well, you might not have been mad, but I would have felt TERRIBLE and Roy would have killed me! He loves that dog!! haha Looking forward to seeing her this weekend. :)

Dolly said...

Hi christy! I miss you. I don't have a chance to read your blog but loved the pictures and laughed when I saw your dogs pic. I'll call you when I get back.

Ashleigh said...

LOL at your post. I'm not an animal lover either so I can see where you are coming from. :O)
More importantly....I can't wait to see you this weekend!!! Have safe travels! Love you!!

Christy said...

I know...I can't wait to see you too...I'm getting so excited about coming back to Charlotte!! Haven't been back since JANUARY...amazing! Love you girls.

angela said...

Christy, Jasmine is so funny looking (no offense, Joshua). But she does look sweet.