Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Orphans of God

I was listening to the radio yesterday, and the song, Orphans of God, by Avalon, started to play. I've heard this song a thousand times before, but for some reason, this time, the words of this song hit me like a brick. Recently, we had three precious children in our church lose their parents and I could not get them off my mind. Can you imagine how they must feel? Lonely. Scared. Helpless. Confused. I just pray they KNOW & FEEL the love of our God in such a real way. I pray they grow up to feel valued and important because THERE ARE NO ORPHANS OF GOD!!! I hope you'll take a second to watch this video and really listen to the message. All I can say is WOW.

Aren't you grateful for the consistent love of a faithful God who looks past your faults and loves you for YOU? I am thankful I don't have to try to be someone else or try to meet certain expectations--He just loves me for who I am! No pressure, no exceptions. I drove down the road with tear filled eyes overwhelmed with a grateful heart. I am a child of the King and NOTHING will ever change that! I hope this will bless your heart as much as it did mine. And please, please pray for these three children as they deal with the loss of their parents. They are so precious to the Him!

1 comment:

Barnhouse Family said...

Thanks for sharing! I sang this song on the Sanctity of Life Sunday in january as a reminder of all those babies sacrificed but also the thousands of children alive and well but without a family. What a reminder to pray for them! Thank you!