Monday, June 22, 2009

Father's Day 2009


Since I wasn't able to blog yesterday, I wanted to be sure to wish my wonderful Dad a Happy Father's Day!! And why do I love my dad so much you might ask? Well, I'll be happy to tell you. :)

1. He's such a good listener. When I was in college, my dad and I had a date night every week and we would sit and talk for hours. I always walked away feeling like I could take on the world and what meant so much to me was that whatever I was talking about, whether stupid or serious, I knew it REALLY mattered to him. These talks are some of my most treasured memories and it gave me a confidence that can not be taken away.


2. He's an encourager and has always wanted what is best for me no matter what. Now that I'm a parent, I know how hard it must be to see your kids grow up, become more independent, and for some, move away. My dad has ALWAYS encouraged me to follow God's plans for my life no matter what that meant. I remember when I moved to Charlotte and was leaving him in Lynchburg, he didn't hesitate to let me go because he knew that's where the Lord wanted me. I can't imagine how hard that must have been for him, but that's what a good dad does. He taught me how to be independent, but most importantly, he taught me to be obedient to the Lord.


3. He's a giver. He taught me by example how to be unselfish and to put others before myself not expecting anything in return. This is not always easy...especially when the people you love hurt you...but I've learned that doing what is right is not always the easy thing to do.


Thanks dad for loving me the way you do--I am SO blessed to be able to call you "DAD". I LOVE YOU!!!



I also have to say Happy Father's Day to my wonderful husband who celebrated his 1st Father's Day yesterday!! Not only did the Lord bless me with a wonderful dad, but he blessed me with an a wonderful husband who is an incredible dad to our little boy. Thank you Joshua, for being the amazing dad you are. Jesse will grow up knowing how incredibly blessed he is to have a dad like you. We love you so much!!!!!

No comments: