Monday, January 7, 2008

My New Years Resolutions

Well, today is January 7th and I'm just now thinking about what I would like to do differenly in my personal life over the next year. So far, here are my New Years Resolutions. Just so you know...you all are responsible for keeping me accountable! ;)

#1--Instead of doing my quiet time @ different times of the day, I want to get up every morning @ 5 AM (YIKES!!!) to have my quiet time. The sound of that scares me, but I think once I'm up and going, I'll be okay. Plus, I love the thought of having my time with the Lord in the quietness of the morning when I don't have any other distractions. Add some coffee to that, and you couldn't start your morning off any better. :) By the way...I just started reading "The Search for Significance"...if you haven't read it, you must get it!!! The author is Robert McGee.

#2--Be a better manager of my money & give more to others in need.

#3--Eat better

I know that these three things are very popular when it comes to New Years Resolutions, but I am constantly feeling that these areas are where my biggest battles in life occur. Makes sense...because it all stems from your relationship with the Lord, how you view $$$$$, and your health/how you take care of the body the Lord has given you. So, please keep me in your prayers as I try to make these resolutions a reality...I want to be GREAT in 2008 (as Donna would say)! ;)

5 comments:

Suzanne said...

Great resolutions. I am right with you on my quite time with the Lord. I am trying to do it in the mornings as well, instead of my usual late morning or afternoon times. Things get busy and then I feel like I just rush it.
I am also with you on eating better. If I am going to make Sarah eat healthy, guess I better start!

Donna said...

wooohooo! Go Christy. Those are good resolutions. It is hard to get up early in the morning for devos...esp. when it's dark and cold outside and the bed is so warm and comfy. You can do it if you just stick with it. I should be telling myself that, too!

Christy said...

Thanks girls...I appreciate your encouragement! :) I'll just keep telling myself over and over...I love 5 AM, I love 5 AM and then maybe I'll believe it. :)

Linda Williams said...

I know God is all powerful...I know He is able to do great things....BUT I don't know how he is going to make anybody LOVE 5 AM!

Ha. Good luck on your New Year's Resolutions and by the way, please email me Cindy Sweet's address. My email is lindaandjames64@hotmail.com

I just do not want to lose touch with them. Love,
Linda Williams

Pluto said...

I wish you well with your resolutions. I have made many over the years but I've only been able to really keep the last one: "I will make no more New Year's Resolutions!"