Friday, September 14, 2007

What a Year!!

Since this is the beginning of my blog, I decided to recap some of the important events that have happened in my life over the last year. HOLD ON TO YOUR SEAT BELT!!! :)

#1--I got engaged on my b-day (April 17th out in CA), and then married the man of my dreams on December 2, 2006 in Charlotte, NC!! I'm so thankful for my wonderful husband and give God all the glory for bringing us together...married life is the BEST!!










#2--November 2006--I said goodbye to Charlotte, NC, my job @ the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association, my wonderful church, all my friends (especially my roommate of 3 years, Dolly), and moved to Knoxville, TN (Rocky Top Country!!!). And can I just tell you....it was HARD! But I was so happy at the same time, because I knew that I was going right where the Lord wanted me to be. Plus, I was going to be near Joshua & his wonderful family, which made it that much better! I have really grown to love Knoxville...its a great city and there is such a warm/country (not redneck--haha) feeling to it. I love being close to Galinburg & Pigeon Forge too! And can I just say that I've never seen so much ORANGE in my life!!! Guess I should start following some UT Football now????? ;)



#3--November 2006--I also started a brand new job (3 days after my move!!) at an incredible church here in Knoxville (only a couple of miles away from UT's campus) called Sevier Heights Baptist Church. http://www.sevierheights.org/ I LOVE my job and I work for one of the most humble and godly preachers I've ever known. Brother Hollie is such a great boss and him and his wife have been so, so good to me! I know the Lord put me here for a reason...I have no doubt. I'll celebrate my one year anniversary here on Nov. 1st, and looking back, I am reminded of the Lord's blessings and His interest in every single area of my life. Its important to love what you do, and I feel so blessed to have found this job. It was definitely a "God-send".



#4--July 2007--Joshua & I took our very 1st vacation as a married couple! We went to Navarre Beach, Florida with Joshua's ENTIRE family...and we had a BLAST! Can't wait until next year!!!







Navarre Beach, Florida












My triplet nephews, Malachi, Mason, & Maverick









Playing Cards with Mandy & Phillip (Joshua's brother & sis-in-law)








Joshua's ENTIRE family









Our Family (Joshua's side)







Me & Joshua on our 6 mo. Anniversary! (And I have to give Joshua some credit here...he keeps better track of our anniversaries than I DO!) :)



#5--August 2007--It was mid-July and I hadn't seen my mom since I got married in December. I have to admit, I was getting a little "homesick" to see her! So we worked it out for me to take a short trip to Cali to see my family! I hated to go without Joshua, but I was so excited to see everyone...especially my niece, Madisyn!!!






Me, mom, Jay & Brad @ church











Here is my niece (Jason's daughter)
Madisyn Marie Damas--she is PRECIOUS &
spoiled rotten! :)








Me and my brother, Bradley. Brad is still @ LU and is the high school worship leader @ Thomas Road Baptist Church--we're so proud of him!!!













Me & Court -- I love her!!!










Jason, Maddie, Clay & Brad









My 1st time playing in the bathtub with Maddie--we had a blast!








So, as you can see, the last year has been a WONDERFUL year for me!! :) But at the same time, it has definitely been a year of CHANGE & TRANSITION. And honestly, most of the time change is a hard thing for me. I really try to embrace it when it happens, but I tend to like routine and for things to stay exactly the same--sounds boring I know--but its just the way I am.

I must admit that I've learned alot about change over the last year--and I've learned that with most change, comes some sort of challenge. I have found myself challenged to adjust to a new city, a new job, a new church, finding good godly friends, and of course, married life (which I absolutely LOVE by the way)! But I never doubt that God won't fulfill these desires/things in my life...He will never take something away from us without giving back what we lost and sometimes even more! It just takes time. So, if you are dealing with change, and having a hard time, be encouraged!! You are on a journey that is only getting more and more exciting!

I find myself amazed to see how well I've adjusted to my new life here in Knoxville. I truly believe that when you're not in your "comfort zone" you tend to trust God more, love Him more, and rely on Him more. I look back over the last year and I'm so grateful for all He has taught me about myself--good & bad--and I pray that I will continue to let the Lord teach and grow me. But for now...I'm so happy, so thankful, and feel so blessed for all that God has done in mine & Joshua's life!

















































































































4 comments:

anthonyandbeth said...

wow Christy! I so enjoyed hearing what has been going on in your's and Joshua's life this year! God has been so good to you guys and it's so wonderful hear how you are trusting Him! I know a lot about moving and change, we've moved to 5 different states in our 7 years of marriage! All of it has been wonderful, and like you said, each time God stretches you and grows you in new ways! Change does force you to trust Him more and rely on Him more and also to rely on each other as husband and wife! It sounds like you guys are off to a GREAT start and I know God is going to do AMAZING things through both of you, individually and in your marriage!

Christy said...

Thanks Beth--I know you KNOW about moving and adjusting to a new city! Its fun, but at the same time scary...especially when you're family is so far away. But I know God has amazing things in store for us...and same goes for you and Anthony...its exciting!!! Thanks for your comment!!

Susan Renstrom said...

Your commentary on the past year was a blessing. Especially your thoughts about change. For an update on the events in the life of Mama and Papa Ward, check out my blog - renstromania.blogspot.com

Jessica said...

Christy,
I'm so glad you are blogging. It will so great to hear what's going on with you. I know Chris will love checking up on you every now and then. We heard you were coming in town soon and we are very excited to see you and get to meet your husband! It sounds like God is leading and blessing you in incredible ways this year. That is fantastic! We love you and can't wait to see you!
~Chris and Jessica
www.thejacksonfam-jessica@blogspot.com