Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Weekend Wrap Up

We had a really fun weekend in the Martin house! Friday, I got my grocery shopping done early (YAY!), we worked in the yard (I get off @ noon now on Fridays) & to end the day, we had pizza and watched a movie (my fav). Ahhhhh...it was great. Then Saturday, Sharon, one of my dear friends from Charlotte, came to visit and so Jesse and I spent the day with her relaxing by the pool. I tend to work myself to death on the weekends--you know, errands, cleaning, laundry, getting ready for another work week, etc--so having Sharon here and just being able to "veg" with her was AWESOME. We had the best time and it was so much fun catching up...I'm not kidding when I say, I think we could have talked for days! This was also Sharon's first time meeting Jesse, and I was so glad they were finally able to meet after all this time. :) Come back soon, Sharon...we miss you already!

The three pool bums. :)


Jesse's 1st time in the pool!

Check out his facial expression--it NEVER changed and the water was FREEZING! So funny.


Jesse loved the water! He played and played and then fell asleep...on Sharon...in the pool. :)



Sunday, we skipped church (I know, BAD!) and went to Dollywood with Joshua's family. This was another one of Jesse's "firsts", so we took a ton of pictures and Joshua and I so enjoyed seeing his reactions to everything. We even took him on his 1st ride....he loved it! I don't know about everyone else, but I LOVE going to amusement parks--something about being there just brings out the kid in you--don't ya think? Anyways, we had the best family day....I feel like we have stayed so busy lately, that it was nice just to get away and enjoy eachother....and we did. :)


Quick stop by Cracker Barrel for breakfast...yumo!





Jesse's 1st trip to Dollywood

Jesse in his souvenier hat from Memaw & Pepaw

We went to an afternoon show -- here are my sleepy boys!

Jesse & the girls!

On his 1st ride...the ducks!

2 comments:

Dolly said...

Okay, so much to say! I LOVE the pic of Jesse in his Tennessee hat. So cute. And the one of him and Joshua at the end of that show cracks me up! Joshua must have been really tired. That's so awesome that Sharon came to visit. You both look great! That's so funny that he fell asleep on her in the pool. What a sweetheart!!! He's so cute Christy!

Sharon said...

I had such a great time, it was fun spending the day with you and Jesse! I love the picture of him at Dollywood! He REALLY does know how to smile! LOL!!! Love and kisses!