Wednesday, July 8, 2009

4th of July Weekend

Hope you all had a wonderful & safe 4th! As usual, we stayed really busy, but we had a great weekend with our family. Both Joshua and I didn't have to work on Friday, so we slept in until 7:30 AM (funny how that is what we call sleeping in) and then Jesse and I headed to the grocery store while Joshua worked in the yard. We were expecting some really special guests, so we had to get things in tip-top shape! Around lunch time, my dad and Pam arrived and we were sooooo excited to have them here. And I know they were excited to see us, but they were SUPER excited to see Jesse. haha They hadn't seen him since February, and they couldn't believe how much he had changed since then. They ate him up!! My brother (Uncle Brad), arrived around 3 PM, and him being here just made it that much more fun! We hung around the house and talked for most of the afternoon, then we all got ready and dad took us out to eat. We ended up @ Red Robin and I'm not sure if I was just really in the mood for a burger, but boy did it taste good! We had the best dinner and it was so refresthing to be with some of my family.









Saturday, the whole gang got up early and headed to Sally & Pappy's for a huge breakfast and then a fun day out on the lake. We love our days on the lake, but they always seems to go sooooooo fast. I guess we just enjoy not having anywhere we HAVE to be or anything we HAVE to do...we can just sit back, relax, and enjoy the water. Because we stay so busy, I really cherish days like that. Anyways, we had such a good day. Some of our best friends, Jen & David and their little boy, Eli, were able to join us as well and we always love having them there to hang out with...they're awesome. :) Jesse had a fun day too--Joshua got him in the water for the 1st time and it was hilarious watching his reaction. You can probably tell from the pic below, he had NO CLUE what to think. He's definitely gonna be an active little guy, so I'm sure he'll LOVE the water oneday here really soon. To finish our day, we came home, got our showers, and then to follow Damas tradition, we had a HUGE bowl of icecream and watched a movie. Well, actually, me, Joshua, and Bradley all fell asleep, but Dad & Pam enjoyed the movie. :) Fun 4th for us!











Dad & Pam left early Sunday AM and I was so sad to see them go. It's so nice to have special visits from your family, but my dad always says that short visits are the best because when you stay too long you start to smell like an old fish. haha I don't think so, but you can't argue with dad, you know. ;) Brad ended up going to church with us and then he had to head out of town right after the service. We spent the rest of the day back @ the lake and then came home that evening, watched a movie and then got ready for a busy work week. It was such a wonderful weekend--thanks, Dad, Pam, & B for coming to see us! We loved having you here and hope we'll be able to get together again really soon. We love you guys!



2 comments:

Dolly said...

I'm so behind in your blog but LOVED seeing all the pics. Little Jesse is getting so big Christy and is SO STINKIN CUTE! I see you more and more in him. Of course he looks a lot like Joshua too.

Man, 4th of July on the lake is the best and it's so good that your family could be there too. I tell you what, is that Bradley married yet? I bet he's got the girls swooning! :)

Donna said...

Christy! I cannot believe how big Jesse is! In that picture of the two of you on the boat, he looks like he is a 2 year old! I know you are loving being a mom and I am so glad! You look so happy:)