Monday, August 11, 2008

Celebration Weekend!

Well...I must say, this weekend was one of the best ones yet here in TN! First off, after being gone for 28 LONG days, Joshua flew home on Friday night! I have never been so happy to see someone in my entire life...and by the look on his face when he saw me @ the airport, I am pretty sure he felt the same way. ;) He had a really good trip and he even won an award @ his school for "Best Leadership", and from what I hear that's a pretty big deal. I'm so proud of him for all of his hard work and SO happy to have him home!

I spent Saturday cleaning up around the house and getting Joshua unpacked. Then Saturday night Joshua and I had a "date night". Joshua grilled some steaks and we had a wonderful dinner together. Then we hopped in the car and he took me to see the movie, Dark Knight...which I really loved...and you KNOW I loved it because we went to the late movie and I didn't fall asleep. That was a HUGE accomplishment for me and Joshua was so proud!! ha

Sunday was another big day for us! Like I mentioned in one of my previous posts, my in-laws just celebrated their 25th Wedding Anniversary. We didn't want to throw them a party without Joshua here, so Mandy and I planned to have a reception for them as soon as Joshua got home. We had a wonderful time celebrating and I know it meant the world to Sally & Pappy. There were some tears shed, a lot of laughter, and many hugs from friends & family, which made their day so special. We ended our weekend with the entire family eating pizza by the pool on a beautiful summer evening!




Happy 25th Anniversary!




Memaw & Pepaw


Aunt Sandy & Mahala


Joshua and his "Mama Dee"

My man is home!!!!!!


Brothers...enough said. :)


Maverick & Owen...look @ those sweet faces!!!






Uncle Joshua playing with the camera. :)

2 comments:

Dolly said...

YIPPEE! I was wondering if you would do an update with Joshua home now. I'm so glad he's back and you look SO HAPPY in those pictures. I know you feel complete again. Looks like ya'll had a nice but busy weekend. I saw Dark Knight with Leland and it was a late movie so of course I fell asleep. Oh well! You know me.

By the way...you need a pic of your belly. All we can see if your face!

Ashleigh said...

Woohoo!! Joshua is home! :O) Looks like a fun weekend and sweet reception.