Monday, July 21, 2008

Special Weekend with my M-I-L!

This weekend was a VERY quiet one in the Martin family. Joshua was in MN, Phillip, Mandy and the kids were @ the beach with Mandy's family, and Pappy had to work all weekend, so Sally and I hit the ground running and took advantage of some fun time together.

Early Saturday afternoon, we decided to take a trip to Pigeon Forge (I LOVE that place) for a shopping day @ the outlets. Sally treated me to a yummy lunch @ Cracker Barrell and then we spent the rest of the day shopping. We had the best time and let me just tell you....my mother-in-law can shop!! :) She reminds me of my mom...they both can wear me out! LOL. But I love it. Anyways, Sally was so sweet to get me some maternity clothes and then we both got the baby some things too. That was my 1st purchase (other than diapers, wipes, baby lotion, etc) for our baby and it was SO fun picking stuff out! However, I have found that I have a difficult time trying to figure out what to buy without knowing our baby's gender. I know people do it all the time, but I saw so many cute girl & boy things that I wanted to buy, but I ended up sticking with the unisex stuff for now. You can bet we'll be taking another trip to the outlets after August 12th. :) We finished off our shopping day with an ice cream cone and a beautiful drive home in the mountians. It was a great day!


Baby Martin's closet...we're beginning to stash up on things! PS--I only have pink hangers in the closet because the people who lived in our house before had a baby girl and left them for us because they knew we were having a baby. I'll def swap to a more neutral or masculine color if we're having a boy! :)

On to Sunday...Sally and I sang in the choir and then sat through the 9:30 service. We decided to skip out on singing for the 11 AM service and instead, she took me to my FAVORITE restaurant (The Olive Garden) for lunch. I swear I could eat there every day. ;) After lunch, we did some more shopping and then we headed to a bridal shower for a friend.

Even though we missed the rest of our family, I enjoyed spending time with my mother-in-law so much. It was such a refreshing weekend and she made me feel so special the entire weekend. Thank you for everything, Sally, I love you!


6 comments:

Ashleigh said...

That's awesome that you got in some good QT with the MIL. :O) Very sweet of her to spoil you and baby Martin a little bit! Fun times!! Hope the days continue to pass quickly for you. Love you!

Suzanne said...

very sweet! What a great MIL!!

Sue U said...

Boy, would Sally adopt me as her daughter-in-law?? LOL! Sounds like you had a great time --- nothing like shopping and eating out ---AND buying baby clothes --too fun! Love you!

angela said...

Ahhh, that sounds like so much fun. Shopping is fun!!!
It is difficult to buy things for the baby before you know the gender.
I'm glad she is being so great to you while Joshua is out of town. I'm thinking about you.

Dolly said...

Hey girl! I'm just now catching up with blogs. I've been SO OUT of the loop. Looks like you're getting along just fine with Joshua out of town but I know you miss him too.

It's so fun shopping for the baby huh? Looks like you've already got a good start and I think the left over pink hangers might be a sign?! :)

Jen P said...

Shopping cures everything! Even missing Joshua! lol

You are going to be the hippest prego around!

Don't forget that I have some nursing tops etc for you too.