Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Saying Goodbye is Hard to Do....

The love of my life left this past Sunday for a MONTH to go to a little town called Wynona, Minnesota for some training for work. It was so hard to say goodbye...many tears were shed (by me, of course) and I already miss him TERRIBLY...and it's only been 2 days. Am I pathetic or what? And being prego probably doesn't help. ;)

Joshua seems to be doing really good and he's met some friends, but I think he's already a little homesick because last night he called me 3 times in the period of an hour....just to tell me goodnight & that he loves and misses me. Talk about making my heart melt. :) I have a lot fun things planned to keep myself busy while he's away (home projects, jewelry parties, movie nights, trip to the outlets with my mother-in-law, etc) so that will help, but I can't wait for him to get home! He gets back on Aug. 8th and then we find out whether we're having a boy or girl on the 12th, so we have alot to look forward to over the next few weeks! All I know is that I love Joshua more now than ever and I thank the Lord for what a great husband He's given me. Please keep him in your prayers while he's away--pray for his protection and that he'll be able to get everything done he needs to. He's got ALOT of work ahead of him, but he's excited at the same time, because this is a great promotion for him in his company! I'm so proud. :)

4 comments:

Ashleigh said...

Sweet post Christy! I know that you will miss Joshua a lot but oh how sweet the reunion will be when he gets back!! :O) And the excitement of y'all finding out if the sweet Martin is a boy or a girl! Glad you are filling up your time with fun things for you. You and Joshua will be in my prayers. May the time fly by!

Donna said...

I know how you feel, Christy. When Roy leaves on one of his trips, it seems like his return date will NEVER get here. Just add 2 kids to it and it makes it even longer! I still have 9 more days to go:(

Suzanne said...

How sweet! Isn't married life grand! and being prego will make you super emotional! Enjoy the ride:)

Dolly said...

Come visit me in Lynchburg!!!!!!