Tuesday, July 1, 2008

3 Month Check-Up

Joshua and I had our 3 month doctor's appt today and everything went great! It looks like we've got one active little boy or girl on our hands. He/She was moving around like crazy!! Of course, as soon I saw our baby on the screen, I began to cry (I swear I can't help it...it's just such a miracle) and my doctor was so sweet to console me, but I know that will get old soon enough. ;)


I go back to the doctor on July 29th for my 4 month check-up, then two weeks later, right after Joshua gets back from Minnesota, we go back for our long appointment to get the baby's measurements and then to find out whether we are having a BOY or a GIRL. We are SO excited!! Joshua really wants a boy...it seems like most men do at first. But as we left the doctor's office today Joshua began to laugh and said, "For some reason I don't think things are moving in my favor" meaning, he thinks we're having a girl. He said as soon as he saw our baby on the screen he automatically thought "girl". So, we shall see....I honestly am feeling more like we're having a boy, but either way, both of us will be THRILLED!! We know that the Lord will give us what we need!


My mom called me the other night while she was babysitting Madisyn (my neice) and she said that Maddie told her I was having a girl....we will find out for sure in a little over a month!!! Here's a some-what recent picture of Madisyn...couldn't you just squeeze those cheeks to death? :)


8 comments:

Donna said...

Cute post! Isn't it so exciting when you see that little blob on the screen for the first time?! I cried, too, with both of mine:) I'm so happy for you. I see you with a girl, so I'm thinking you'll have a girl!!

Your niece is adorable!

Anonymous said...

Glad everything is going well!!! I am going to route for a girl!!! But either one would be precious! Thanking the Lord for a great check up!!

angela said...

It is just the best thing in the world when you first see your baby. Trust me, the crying does not stop...at least it hasn't for me. Enjoy every minute.

Sue U said...

Oh my goodness....Maddie looks just like your MOM!!! I can see her smile in her little face!! How PRECIOUS! And it never grows old seeing your little baby on the screen ---or as it grows and grows ---it's truly a miracle from God. I'm rooting for girl, too! :)
ILY!

Christy said...

I know!! My m-in-law thinks Maddie looks just like my mom too...I can totally see it. They are two peas in a pod for sure! :)

Ashleigh said...

such a fun post! can't wait to find out what you are having!! and your niece is ADORABLE! i know you hate being so far from her.... those cheeks!

Dolly said...

Wow! Madison is getting so big! I haven't seen pictures of her in so long. What a cutie and I agree, she looks like your mom AND Jason.

I'm so excited everything is going smoothly for you. I can't WAIT to find out what you're having! I have a feeling you're having a girl too!

Christy said...

Do you all realize that EVERYONE so far has said girl???????? haha I have no idea why I'm thinking boy. :)