Friday, July 11, 2008

Nice Surprise!

Have you ever had one of those moments where you feel like the Lord put you in a certain place @ a certain time when you usually wouldn't be there? Well, today I had one of those moments. Sally and I found Joshua a pair of shoes this past weekend @ Finish Line, but they only had his size at a different mall by my work. So I asked that Finish Line to hold them for me and I would pick them up one day at lunch. I NEVER go to this mall...I've probably been there 2 times since I've moved to Knoxville. Long story short, I decided to use my lunch break today to go and get his shoes...I had just bought them and then started to head over to over to Chick-fil-A to get something to eat. I walked past this table with a sweet lady and 3 kids...and I KNEW I recognized these kids. I tried not to stare, but I think I was too obvious because they were all looking @ me. haha What a wonderful surprise!!!! It ended up being one of my good friends from Va Beach, Beth, and her 3 little kids (they now live in Raleigh). Talk about a SMALL WORLD!!! I met Beth through her husband Anthony, who was one of my really great friends growing up. What a precious family they are! I just couldn't get over the fact that here I am in this tiny, tiny mall 30 minutes away from my house and they just happened to be there @ the same time. I love the way the Lord works!! It was SO great seeing the Williams Family....put a smile on my face!

1 comment:

anthonyandbeth said...

we so enjoyed seeing you! it was a great treat! we keep saying, "one day when we're up at mommom's we need to get together with christy and joshua!" i hope we can some time! i hate that i'm just now reading this. it's hard to keep up on all the blogs like i'd like these days...three children and all. :) but i'm trying my best!!! can't wait to hear what you're having!!! not too much longer. and the the REAL fun will begin! :) planning!!! :)