Thursday, May 1, 2008

Knoxville FG Festival

I LOVE the Billy Graham Association and I am constantly reminded of what an honor it was to work there for the short time I did. This past weekend, we had the Franklin Graham Festival here in Knoxville and it was AMAZING!! It reminded me of the very 1st time I attended a Festival back in 2004. Dolly was working in the team office at the time, and she invited me to come and stay with her there in Canada...so of course I went! I will never forget seeing all the people come forward to give their life to Christ....I had never seen anything like it before. Anyways, it was wonderful being able to re-live that experience again this weekend and it was SO fun being able to see some very special friends too. I was able to spend some time with Nancy (my boss @ BGEA), Amanda, and Ashleigh. We had the best time having lunch & catching up on life. Who would have ever thought that my life in Charlotte and my life in Knoxville would cross paths the way they did this past weekend....but I'm so grateful that they did!!

After a great lunch with Amanda & Ash @ the Hilton!

Me with Amanda & Nancy on the last night of the Festival

Amy, Juanita, Amanda, me, & Nancy


WOO HOO...we love American Idol, Phil Stacey!!

Not the best picture, but Nancy and I got the guts to ask MWS for a picture, so you better believe I'm going to post it!!! He was SO nice. :)


Phil Stacey bringing down the house


Gotta LOVE George Beverly Shay!!


MWS did an AMAZING job leading us into worship!!


Decisions that were made for Christ--PTL!!!



7 comments:

sarah said...

I LOVE your house !!! Congrats! Nice picture with Phil Stacy... loved him on American Idol! Miss you girl!! Looks like you are doing awesome!

Heather said...

I love the pictures. You and your famous people! It got Derek up from watching tv to come look. He says that you are the craziest girl! He likes the house too by the way. We miss you!

Ashleigh said...

It was SO great to see you!! Just got in from being gone since the Thursday that we had lunch. :O) It's good to be home. Love you!!

Dolly said...

Oh goodie! I was wondering if you were going to blog about the festival. Wish I could have been there with you. I'm sure it was SO GREAT seeing everyone again. How neat that the festival was in YOUR TOWN too.

Maybe one of these days we'll catch up! :)

Donna said...

We were going to go to the Festival, but we went to Disney instead!! Looks like you had fun. I'm sure it was a blast! Cool pic with MWS!

Suzanne said...

Christy- Great pictures of the festival! I know BG sure does miss you. I miss you too and sometimes I miss our BGEA times too:) I don't know why, but I have Ogren's saying in my head lately, good times..good times.

Anonymous said...

Long time no see. Glad you're doing well. TN is great isn't it. Funny you have a picture of Phil Stacey. I went to Lee University with him and had several classes with him. Anyway, just wanted to say hi.
Meredith
davemere.blogger.com