Thursday, May 29, 2008

Happy New Year!!

Okay, I know you probalby think I've lost my mind...but I can't quit thinking about New Years Day today. The start of a new year means many different things to people--fresh starts, diets begin, new habits are formed, commitments are made--but for Joshua and I, New Years 2009 is going to be a day that changes our lives forever! We are SO EXCITED to FINALLY announce that on January 1 (at least somewhere around there), we are having a baby!!!! We are so thrilled & thankful to the Lord for giving us this sweet little blessing!


Here's how we got the news!! I went to the doctor towards the end of April for my yearly check-up and left with them telling me that I might be in the early stages of pregnancy--um...I didn't know whether to cry tears of happiness or laugh. :) They did a pregnancy test in the office and one of the lines was somewhat faint, so they decided to do some blood work as well and then told me that they would call me the next day to tell us the results. Talk about a LONG 24 hours!! Joshua and I were so excited, but at the same time, we didn't want to get too excited, just in case my blood work came back negative. So, being the patient people that we are, :) Joshua brought home a pregnancy test that night just for fun and this is what we saw. :)


Two red lines = POSITIVE!!!


My doctor called me the next day and told me that in fact, I was pregnant (yay!!!!), but he also mentioned that he wanted to keep an eye on me because some of my levels were a little low. Thankfully, they got me one some meds right away, and since then, my levels have been great.

On May 8th, the day our neice was born, Joshua & I had our 1st doctor's appt, and we were able to hear the sweetest sound I have ever heard....a little heart beat. It took everything in me not to sobb & Joshua could have shot through the roof with excitment. It's so funny how girls and guys react so differently...we were both so happy, but just showed it in completely different ways. :) I've always heard how special it is when you see YOUR baby for the first time and are able to hear the heart beat...but NOTHING could have prepared me or Joshua for what our hearts felt during that moment. It was so amazing!! After we left, we prayed & thanked the Lord for what we expereienced there in the doctor's office...something we will NEVER EVER forget.


So, its official...we're having a baby and we want the world to know how excited and grateful we are! Our prayer is that we will be the godly parents we need to be in order to raise this child in a way that is pleasing to the Lord. That is the most important thing to us!! Please keep us in your prayers that our pregnancy will be smooth and that our baby will be healthy! Here are some pictures from our 1o week check-up yesterday....enjoy! And thank you for celebrating with us!!

Baby Martin @ 10 weeks!

He was moving around like crazy in there.

You can really see it's arms & legs in this one!


23 comments:

Ashleigh said...

Woooooooohoooooooooo! This is SO stinking exciting! Will continue praying for this sweet little one! CONGRATS to you and Joshua!!

Jessica said...

YEAAAA!!!! Christy, I am so excited for you and Joshua. I am about to bust. You will be in prayers. Congrats!!!! I love you!

Suzanne said...

Christy!! How wonderful!! There is nothing like your very own little baby. You and Joshua will make wonderful parents! What a wonderful journey you are on together. and the most important things is growing them up in the ways of the Lord! How awesome!!! Love you! and Congrats!!!

Anonymous said...

OMG!! Yay!! That is so wonderful! Congrats! :)

Sue U said...

YIPPPPEE!! I'm SO glad you are FINALLY announcing it ---I can't stand keeping secrets --haha! We are THRILLED for you and Joshua ---can't wait to WATCH the progress of Baby M in the months ahead ---you are going to be GREAT parents!!
LOVE YOU!

Anonymous said...

I can't even say how excited I am! I knew this day would come sooner than you thought!!! I can't think of a better mommy anywhere than you will be!!!I love you both and am praising the Lord for the great things He has done for you! YIPEE FOR BABY MARTIN!!!

Christy said...

Thanks girls...you all are SO sweet! We can't express the joy in our hearts...it's just unbelievable!!! God is so good!!

Donna said...

Oh, Christy! I am SOO happy for you and Joshua. What an exciting time this is and I'm so glad that you finally get to experience it. You are going to make a great mom. What a lucky baby:)

Ward Blog said...

Congratulations Martins!!!!!! Being a mom is the BEST thing ever. You will be so amazing at it!!!!! Praying daily for you guys!!!!!

Stephanie said...

So happy for you Christy! Our kids will be around the same age....exciting :) Post lots of pictures.

sarah said...

Congrats! I'm so happy for you! You are going to be so adorable pregnant. Being a mom is the most awesome experience!

Dolly said...

YIPPEEE!!!! I'm just catching up with blogs and LOVED reading your story and seeing your little peanut. We are SO EXCITED for you guys to and know that little baby will have wonderful parents and family around them. Are you going to find out what you're having? I think I asked you that before but can't remember.

Christy said...

Thanks so much everyone! And yes, Dol, we are gonna find out what we're having...probably sometime in August or early Sept. You only have 8 more days till you find out...woo hoo!!!

Unknown said...

CONGRATULATIONS, CHRISTY!!!!!!!!! How exciting and right after you move into your new house! WOO HOO. You'll be a great mommy and I am just thrilled for you and Joshua.

Unknown said...

P.S. I think I took that exact same prego test...actually two of them b/c I was so shocked. :)

Christy said...

Hannah, I took two of these tests too! haha We wanted to "be sure". haha

Jen said...

I just heard the news, it travels fast you know, so I wanted to get on here and check it out. Congratulations on the most exciting event you will ever experience. There is nothing that compares to being a mom. You learn so much about God's love for you as you love on your little one. It makes blogging more fun too! I'm going to keep checking in on you to watch you grow!!!! Have fun being mommy!

Janis Reber said...

Congratulations Christy!!! I'm so happy for you. Now your adventure begins. This little person will be in your life forever....even when he/she is grown and gone. And he'll be the ONLY thing you can take to Heaven with you. You'll be in my prayers as you go through your pregnancy and have a good, safe delivery.

Heather said...

I am so excited for you! How funny that I just commented about you having a baby the other day. We will be praying for you and I know you will be a great mom!

Heather said...

I am so excited for you! How funny that I just commented about you having a baby the other day. We will be praying for you and I know you will be a great mom!

Heather said...

I am so excited for you! How funny that I just commented about you having a baby the other day. We will be praying for you and I know you will be a great mom!

Vonda said...

Congratulations all the way from Germany! I noticed your blog through Anthony and Beth's and had to see what y'all are up to and lo and behold you have BIG NEWS on here...how awesome is that! What a blessing that y'all are gonna have a baby. This baby will ROCK your world and you'll feel so very blessed that God has given y'all this precious gift from heaven! So happy for y'all!

anthonyandbeth said...

Oh Christy!! How exciting! I can promise you that becoming a mother is the most wonderful experience in the whole world! You and Joshua are so blessed and we will be looking forward to praying for the precious life growing in side of you!!! Can't wait to hear what you'll be having...I can tell you with certainty that both boys and girls are tons of fun! :) Congrats!!!