Wednesday, May 21, 2008

The Crazy Life of the Martins!

I have been missing from the blogging world for the last couple of weeks...but I promise, I have a GREAT excuse! I think we crammed as much as we possibly could into the last 2 weeks of our lives....Joshua & I moved into our new home, Phillip & Mandy had their baby girl, we celebrated 2 family birthdays and then with graduations, etc on top of that, our life has been crazy...but in a good way!

Here's a quick recap of what we've been up to:
.
On May 8th, our neice Mary "Mahala" Martin was born @ 9:23 AM. She was 6 pounds 9 oz and was 20 inches long. She is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!! Here are a few pics

The last family picture before Mahala made her entrance into this world. I was there @ 6 AM to babysit while Phillip & Mandy went to the hospital & I also had the job of getting the boys ready and taking them to school...it gave me great appreciation for mommys and all they do!!!



Here's Mahala with her daddy minutes after she was born.


Our 1st picture!


Joshua is so sweet...he just sits and stares @ her. I think it was love @ 1st sight!



She's home and doing great!!!


The morning after Mahala was born, (May 9) we closed on our 1st Home! The closing went perfectly and by the end of the night, we already had ALL of our stuff moved in. Thank the Lord for family & friends who were willing to work so hard to help us. I don't have any pictures yet, but I hope to have some soon. Everything is coming along wonderfully and we absotluely LOVE our new home!! I was able to take a week off of work to get settled, so that was great, however, I don't think I want to do this moving thing again for awhile. :)


The rest of our month has been spent celebrating b-days, graduations, and I've also tried to help Mandy with the boys as much as possible while she gets adjusted to having another baby. She's doing great! Joshua and I also had dinner with our friends Seth & Jordan Dye this past Saturday night at their home. It was the most beautiful evening and we had a blast grilling out/talking. Thanks for the wonderful meal and for such a fun night guys!

The boys playing wii. :)



Jordan made some YUMMY brownies for dessert!!

Her LATE wedding present! Joshua gave Seth some tools...manly stuff of course.




Jordan & I got tired of watching the boys play wii, so we decided to watch a "chick flick". We crawled up on their bed and watched The Holiday, which is one of our favs!


3 comments:

Dolly said...

Wow! You HAVE been busy! So many exciting things though. That's so exciting about Mandy having her little girl. She's beautiful! Now I'm sure Aunt Christy will be a babysitter a lot more. Is that your bedroom in the last pic? I love your bed.

Dolly said...

Wow! You HAVE been busy! So many exciting things though. That's so exciting about Mandy having her little girl. She's beautiful! Now I'm sure Aunt Christy will be a babysitter a lot more. Is that your bedroom in the last pic? I love your bed.

Christy said...

No, thats Jordan & Seth's bedroom...you can't really tell by the pics, but their house is BEAUTIFUL!! They are both pharmacists, so they are doing pretty well for themselves. :)