Wednesday, December 10, 2008

It's the Holidays...What Can I Say?

WARNING: LONG POST! It's been awhile since I've had a new post, and I apologize to all my blogger friends for boring you with the same post for the last three weeks. ;) It's not that I haven't had anything to write about, but you know...it's the holidays and it's a really busy time of year for all of us! I'll also mention that I have not done the best job taking pictures this year...not sure why????? Maybe it's this forgetful pregnancy brain I'm dealing with. ;) Anyways, here's a brief recap of what we've been up to the last few weeks.


Happy Thanksgiving!

Joshua and I had a wonderful Thanksgiving here in Knoxville. We were able to sleep in a little bit (PTL!!) then we headed to Joshua's Memaw & Pepaw's house for another one of his Memaw's UNBELIEVABLE spreads. She amazes and inspires me with her hospitality! She doesn't ever miss a thing. It was such a great day and a wonderful time to reflect on the blessings God has given us...especially our baby boy on the way! The next day, Sally and I were up and running by 5 AM for our annual "Black Friday" shopping day and boy did we have a blast. Being pretty late into my pregnancy, I must say that I kept up REALLY well. I didn't actually get tired until about 6:30 that night as we were heading to dinner. However, by the time I got home, I felt as though my legs were not able to function and Joshua told me that he thought the baby had actually dropped that day from all that walking! I was just proud/glad to have the majority of my shopping DONE. :)




The only place the entire family can fit for Thanksgiving...the garage! :)




Happy Anniversary to Us!

Joshua and I celebrated our 2nd Anniversary on December 2nd. :) Unfortunately, we both had to work during the day, but after work he took me out for a romantic dinner and then surprised me by taking me to see a Christmas light show that I've been dying to see here in Knoxville. It was a very low key & COLD night, but a night that I would not trade for anything in the world. It's hard to believe that we've already been married for two years (and now expecting a baby!!!)but I have never been happier and I thank God everyday for my amazing husband!



Work Christmas Party

Every year, Sevier Heights takes us to Calhoun's on the River for our staff Christmas lunch. We always have the best time....I'm feel very blessed to work with such an amazing group of people. I love my job!!!


Natalie, Sarah, & Sheila


Here's a BIG belly shot for ya! My friend Leena loving on our little man. :)


Michelle, Meggan, & Leslie


Baby Update

Okay...I'll admit...I have not done a very good job with the baby updates. Sorry! I will try to do better...especially now that the time is growing very close for our little man to arrive. But let me just say that Joshua and I are SO excited and we have stayed very busy trying to get everything ready. My friend Bonnie summed it up best when she said she feels like a "nesting monster". THAT'S ME TOO! But I guess all women feel like that before their little one arrives. Well, the nursery is almost done! Once we get some things on the walls (which we plan to do this weekend), I will post some pics for everyone to see. We really love how it's coming together and the elephant theme is adorable. :) Last Saturday, we had an all-day birthing class @ the hospital. It was one of the funniest experiences we've had together as a couple...I laughed till my belly muscles were sore. The best part of the day was watching our teacher put the "pregnancy suit" on Joshua and then go on to tell him to bend over and tie his shoes. I am SO mad I didn't have my camera because it was most definitely a kodak moment. You should have SEEN HIS FACE! It's good for these men to see what we go through! haha It was a long day, but I feel like we walked away feeling more knowledgable about what to expect..and it was a great bonding experience. We are also looking forward to having my mom come to TN really soon! She is flying in on December 23rd and will be staying with us until Jan. 10th. I haven't seen her in over a year so I am SO excited about her coming. I'm sure there is nothing like having your mom there with you when you've got a new baby on your hands. :) It will be fun having her here for Christmas too. As far as doctor visits are concerned, I am now going on a weekly basis until I have the baby. As I look back over the last 8 months, it amazes me to think how quickly the time has gone. But we are both so ready & excited for this sweet boy to come into our lives. As of Monday, I'm 1 cm. dialated and 50% effaced, so I'll keep everyone posted on my progress....we CAN'T WAIT!


Worship Team

A couple of months back, the opportunity came around for me to try out for the worship team @ our church (First Baptist Concord). After our wedding and after moving to Knoxville, I chose not to get involved in anything @ church right away so I could get adjusted to all the new changes in my life. Music has always been such a HUGE part of my life, so it felt really strange not being involved...I really missed it! Anyways, I found out not too long ago, that I made the worship team and it has been so much fun singing again. It's also given me the opportunity to meet a lot of sweet friends too! Joshua's brother, Phillip, is the main speaker at one of the campuses, so it's been great being able to serve with him. Joshua is definitely my biggest fan and I'm very thankful that he encourages me to use my talents for the Lord!


So....there's a little update on us. I know this was a LONG post, but I feel like so much has happened over the last few weeks. I will be sure to keep you all informed as the baby news comes along and please keep us in your prayers over the next few weeks as we prepare to be parents. We know the Lord has blessed us with this little life and we are thrilled to be able to raise this baby boy in a good Christian home. :) What an exciting & fun time it's been for Joshua and I, and my only wish is that you all could be here to share it with us. We love you.

Merry Christmas!!

4 comments:

Jen P said...

I can't believe that's ur belly! omg! I'm so excited for. U are forgiven for the lack of posts but I hope to see one when the babe is born! I know u will be anxious to show him off. Good luck with labor, congrats in advance, and the baby will sleep fine in a nursery even if the walls aren't done! lol. Just sayin...no stress! love ya!

Suzanne said...

I love these posts!! Can't wait till I see pics of the nursery!! and wow, 1cm dialated and 50% effaced, you are moving right along!
I also could not believe it has been two years. I remember your beautiful wedding, I believe I was pregnant with Sarah then. Oh happy times:)

angela said...

Christy, I am sooo excited for you!!!!

Bonnie said...

From one monster to another...I love you and can't wait until he's here!