Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Road Trip!

A few months ago, Brother Hollie (my boss) asked me to plan a day trip to Charlotte, NC so that a group from Sevier Heights could tour the new Billy Graham Library. So, this past Monday morning I was up bright & early so that I could be @ work by 6 AM to load a bus to do just that. Seeing that I hadn't been back to BG since right before Joshua and I were married (almost 2 years), it was such a nice treat to see everyone again. We arrived around 11:15 AM and I immediately went to the headquarters to meet up with some of the girls for lunch. We went down stairs, got our food, and as I walked around the corner, I was SO SHOCKED to see a table full of baby gifts. I was CLUELESS. They were so sweet to surprise us with a baby shower and I can't tell you how much it meant. Thank you so much to all of you who planned this for us...and thank you to Donna, Suzanne, & Tracy who made a special trip to BG just for this...what a special day! :)

Here I am with Nancy (my boss @ BGEA) & Liz


Donna, Mrs. Capin, & Suzanne

Tracy & Cindy

Ashleigh & Tameka

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Caroline was a great assistant. ;)


It was so good to see you girls!!!

After lunch, everyone had to go back to work, and I managed to head back to the Library for a quick tour before we headed home. I was SO excited to see this because whenever I left BGEA to move to Knoxville, they had almost completed the outside of the Library, but I was never able to see the finished product. It is absotluetly beautiful and such an incredible testimony of Mr. Graham's life. What a legacy!!

The BGEA Library


Mr. Graham's home place


A BEAUTIFUL Christmas tree in the Library




We left BGEA around 3 PM, stopped for dinner in Asheville, and pulled into Sevier Heights parking lot around 9:00 PM. It had been a LONG 15 hours and I was EXHAUSTED, but I couldn't stop smiling from such a fun & wonderful day. :)

5 comments:

Donna said...

It was SO good to see you! You look great and you are ALL belly:) I'm glad we were able to shower you and baby Martin!!

Unknown said...

Christy, you do look great. I can't even tell you are prego! I hated to miss your lunch and I'm glad you enjoyed it. How fun!

Christy said...

Donna, it was SO good to see you and the kids too!! I miss you guys. And Hannah, I hate that I missed you and AP. Ask Donna about the spring shopping trip to Pigeon Forge...you'll have to come!

Anonymous said...

What a great trip and sweet surprise :)

Suzanne said...

I loved getting to see you Christy! You do look great! and I can not wait till your little bundle of joy arrives! Keep us up to date.