Monday, November 3, 2008

Halloween & A Baby Shower

Joshua and I had a VERY low key Halloween night. We were both tired after a long week, so instead of heading to my in-laws to see the boys & Mahala all dressed up, we decided to get into some comfy clothes, make some chili, pass out some candy, and watch a scary movie. The scary movie part was Joshua's big idea...I probably could have done without that. ;) We had a great night and we even had some special visitors come by our house. Here's Tinkerbell & Peter Pan...we were so excited that they stopped by to see us!! Olivia & Owen (Joshua's cousin's kids) were ADORABLE and VERY excited about their candy.



On Saturday Joshua and I spent a lot of time working in the nursery! We finally finished painting, we put the crib together and organized/cleaned everything as much as we possibly could to this point. Then on Sunday, Mandy, Heather, and my good friend from church, Jennifer, threw us our 1st shower...and what can I say? It was overwhelming with the outpouring of love and gifts for our little man. We were/are so thankful and appreciative for everything that was done for us! The fun part was heading home to unload all our gifts and to really take a look at all that we got. After the shower, Mandy, the boys, Mahala, and Sally came over to help me get situated a little more and seeing all of our baby's things REALLY made it sink in....I'm going to have a baby boy in less than 8 weeks! It's so unbelievable, but I CANNOT wait. :)


Our 1st Shower!




Me with Sally (Joshua's mom) & Memaw (Joshua's g-ma)

Heather, Jennifer, Me & Mandy





Joshua's Memaw buys all of her great grandchildren a Build-A-Bear that has a recorded message from her. It's one of my FAVORITE gifts and I know it will always mean so much. :)



Thank you all for such a special day!!!

5 comments:

Donna said...

I'm so glad you had a nice shower! Isn't it so much fun to bring it all home and put it away in your baby's room?! It's so surreal. You got some cute stuff! And you look GREAT!

I love the tinkerbell/Peter Pan idea:)

Sue U said...

Ohhhhhh, these are SO great! What a beautiful shower ---and all the little outfits! I LOVE your great-grandma's idea of the recorded BEAR ---that will be a keepsake, for sure! Wish we could have been there -- you look wonderful, girl! It won't be long!!! Love you!

Bonnie said...

you look great!! Your timeline is helping me keep track of what we need to do next...ha ha! Post some pics of his room soon, can't wait to see it all together. Pat your belly for me.

Ashleigh said...

You look GREAT Christy!! And what a fun weekend! Looks like you received a lot of nice things for Baby Martin. :O) Love ya!

Sweet Momma Bones said...

One of the showers we had for Levi the theme was Little Blue Elephants, and he got that same musical elephant, and it works like a charm to get him to calm down when he is upset. You are looking beautiful, and you got so many cute things for the little one. Hope you are doing well