Friday, December 28, 2007

A Very Jolly Martin Christmas!


Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to all the people we love! Joshua & I had an awesome Christmas--we stayed busy--but thats what makes it fun. I love the hustle & bustle of the season. :) Christmas Eve was Joshua's Memaw & Pepaw's anniversary, so his entire family met for lunch at one of my favorite restaurants here in Knoxville, Connors (this is also where Joshua & I had our very 1st date!!). After lunch we finished up our last minute shopping & headed to Joshua's other grandmother's house that night for Christmas Eve dinner. We got home around 9 PM and we attempted to watch "Its a Wonderful Life". For those of you who know me, you know that I can never make it through a movie without falling asleep, so Joshua woke me up and made me go to bed because he said that Santa had some work to do while I was asleep. :)

Christmas morning was a blast! Joshua & I got up EARLY so that we could do our Christmas together and then make it over to his parents house by 9 AM to do Christmas with Sally, Pappy, Mandy, Phillip, & the triplets. Joshua really went all out and made it very special for me, which meant so much. I came downstairs to find a BEAUTIFUL jewelry armoire awaiting me--it even had a big red bow! Santa did a great job huh? :) For some reason (maybe I'm a bad liar?????!!) Joshua always finds out one way or another what he's getting--but I think I surprised him with a few items this year so I was excited about that. We finished our Christmas and headed over to my inlaw's house for breakfast & more presents with Joshua's family. I loved watching the boys faces as they were opening their gifts--kids make Christmas SO MUCH FUN! We had the afternoon to ourselves and finished the day @ Joshua's Memaw & Pepaw's house for Christmas dinner & even more presents! One of the best Christmas presents for the family this year is that there is going to be a new baby girl in May! Phillip & Mandy are pregnant again (yes, thats right!!!) and we are so excited to have a little girl join our family!!
If I would have been able to see my family, it would have been the perfect Christmas! My mom & Bradley spent their Christmas in California and were able to spend time with Uncle George, Aunt Cindy, Court, & Clay, so I was happy that they were with "family" as you could say. My dad & Pam were in Ohio with my grandparents & Jay, Michelle, & Maddie spent their holiday with Michelle's family in SanFrancisco. So, my side of the family was spread ALL OVER the country pretty much, but we have decided that next Christmas we will be together somehow, someway!!! Now its on to a NEW YEAR! I pray God's blessings for you & your family in 2008.

1 comment:

Ward Blog said...

Merry Christmas Christy!!!