Monday, December 3, 2007

Celebrating Our First Year!

Joshua & I celebrated our 1 year wedding anniversary yesterday. Honestly, I can not get over how quickly this year has gone. Its amazing! But I am so thankful for my awesome husband and for the life the Lord has given us here in Knoxville. God has blessed us so much. Joshua really went out of his way to make sure that our 1st anniversary was a very special one--and it was!

I got up early and headed downstairs to find my favorite flowers waiting for me. He wanted to make sure I had them as soon as I got up, so after I went to bed, he got up and arranged these for me in a crystal vase we got for our wedding....talk about getting your day started out on the right foot! :)



We decided to skip church (I know...BAD!!) and we headed up to Gatlinburg to spend the day together. It was a perfect day to be in the mountains. Not TOO cold, but just cold enough for it to feel like Christmas. We walked around and looked at all the shops and I got really excited over all the Christmas decorations! ha Boys just don't understand.... :) Then Joshua took me to one of the BEST restaurants in Gatlinburg, The Peddler. We had an awesome dinner & really enjoyed our time together. Here are a couple of pics!




The day was too good to be true UNTIL....

We decided to stop by the Pigeon Forge outlets to do a little shopping. (That is REALLY sweet of Joshua because he would rather shoot himself than go shopping--haha). After just about 10 minutes there, we learned that our car wouldn't start....this had to be a joke right????? Nope!!! And then to top that off, it was Sunday and Sunday is the ONLY day that the outlets close @ 7 & not 9 PM. So, we called his family and spent the next hour & a half sitting in his car talking about everything under the sun waiting for our help to arrive. Maybe it was a bonding experience...not sure...but we made the most out of the situation and didn't let it ruin our day. It's a good thing Joshua's family is in the car business because Uncle Mark came to our rescue and towed us for FREE! :) Thank you Uncle Mark & Mandy!! Our 1st anniversary was certainly one we will never forget...especially the fact that we drove to Gatlinburg in a Corvette and headed home in a tow truck!




I love you baby--thanks for making our anniversary so special!!

4 comments:

Ward Blog said...

Happy Anniversary!!! Glad you enjoyed the day and made awesome memories

Dolly said...

I can't believe I forgot to call you on your 1 year anniversary. I feel terrible. It sounds like you had such a nice day together. I can just picture you two driving in the tow truck. Hilarious!!! It just seems like the other day you were getting married. Your wedding was such a beautiful one. Congratulations you two.

Ashleigh said...

Congrats Christy!! Prayers for many, many, many more years!

Donna said...

Wow! Has it really been a year since your wedding? That seems crazy! Congratulations. From now on, your life together will fly by. I can't believe we've been married over 6 years!