Thursday, April 2, 2009

Saying Goodbye to Jasmine


Most of you know that whenever I married Joshua, I inherited his English bull dog (Jasmine). She is the sweetest dog -- very gentle and obedient -- you couldn't help but love her and I'm not even a dog person! Well, today is a very sad day because Joshua had to have her put down. Jasmine was born with a very serious case of heredity mange (the reason she doesn't have much hair--she looked more like a pop bellied pig) and it had gotten completely out of hand and had made her very sick. She hasn't eaten anything for the last 8 days and the final straw was last night when Joshua went to take her out to potty and she couldn't even stand up. Joshua was heart broken. So, even though he HATED to put her down, he knew that it was time. Please pray for Joshua today--he is very, very sad. We both loved Jasmine, but Joshua and Jasmine were big time buddies. We will certainly miss her!!

7 comments:

Jesse and Leslie said...

Awwww... I am sorry :-( I know she was very special and a long time part of the family.

Unknown said...

I feel for you, Christy! Poooor Joshua. I too inherited by marriage a big black Lab . We have a love/hate relationship but it will absolutely break my heart when the day comes that he and Max must part. He will be pitiful (Max). You've been a good/patient wife putting up with the mange and being sweet about it. Your treasures are in Heaven!

anthonyandbeth said...

i'm so sorry. i know that must be so hard. :(

Sue U said...

Awwwww -- that makes me so sad for Joshua. I can only imagine now that we've grown to love our little Lucky like family. It WILL be an adjustment, for sure -- I will be praying for you all. Love you!

Dolly said...

Poor Joshua is right. I know how he loved that dog. I'm sure it's bitter sweet for you too. I hope he's doing okay.

Sweet Momma Bones said...

I will say a prayer for him. Most pets aren't pets, they are members of the family.

Jennifer said...

Hi Christy. That is so sad about your husband's dog. Poor thing...men are tight with their "best friends" so I know that has to be hard.

Thanks for your comment on my blog today. Yes, we're expecting a boy and a girl in late June although 1st of June is probably when they'll arrive. I'm excited but very overwhelmed at the thought of two newborns...YIKES! :)

Your little boy is TOO CUTE! You must hear it all the time, but his hair is the best! I hope you're enjoying being a mom...you look great so you must be doing something right! :)

Take care,
Jennifer