Friday, March 13, 2009

Out of the Vault!

To this day, I think Disney movies are the best! I remember when I was little how much I loved watching Aladdin, The Little Mermaid, Beauty & the Beast, Robin Hood, etc. and because of this, as soon as I got pregnant, I felt the need to own EVERY one of them so that our kids will be able to enjoy them too. Well, we have started our collection but whenever I hear that one of them is going into the dreaded "vault", if I don't have it, I PANIC! haha I know that sounds so silly and Joshua teases me about it, but I don't want Jesse to miss out!

Last night, Joshua came home from work with a special surprise for Jesse. He was really excited about it and wouldn't even tell me what it was until he showed Jesse. (However, I think it was sort of a surprise for me too.) Long story short, one of the guys from work had told Joshua that Pinocchio had come out of the vault this week, so after work he stopped by Walmart and picked it up for our little man. HOW SWEET! I know it was nothing huge, but I don't know who was more excited...me or Jesse? :) I think Joshua was proud that he thought to do that all by himself and he knew it would mean a lot...what a good daddy!!!!!!!!! Thank you. :)


Here's daddy showing Jesse his surprise!

3 comments:

anthonyandbeth said...

very cute! sounds like a very good daddy to me! :)

I'm copying my email to you in this comment. I have your work email address and am not sure of a personal one. So, in case you don't check your work email at home I figured your blog comments go to a personal account that you would be sure to check....we'll see... :)

Christy,
Sorry I didn't get a call out to you tonight! We didn't get home until 8pm and by the time we got the kids in bed and settled I felt it was too late to call. :( I've been meaning to email you about us being here in TN b/c we would absolutely LOVE to meet little Jesse...as see you of course. :) What does your day look like tomorrow? It'd be great if we could meet somewhere to chat for a bit. We wouldn't be able to stay too long but we would love to see you if it works out. We don't want to mess up your plans for the day so we will understand if it's not convenient.

We'll be leaving tomorrow night late to get back home to NC. It's easier to travel with the kids when they are sleeping. :) My Grandmother has a hair appointment at 9am and will return home about 10am. We have plans to run by the mall (we were just going to go to the Foothills Mall near her house b/c we were at West Town today) for Anthony to look at some dress shirts with Mommom but we could probably go to West Town again if it would be easier to meet you on that side of town.

Let me know your thoughts! Hope it works out to see you...

Beth

Dolly said...

That's so funny because I felt the same way. I had to get all the Disney DVD's for Michael too! I don't want him to miss out. we haven't gotten Pinocio (SP?) yet but I'll have to go get that one. Good daddy Joshua!

Donna said...

Christy, I am a Disney Vault Panic-er too! I bought Pinnochio last week:) I hope you didn't miss Toy Story 1-2, Peter Pan and The Little Mermaid. They went back into the vault in January. Luckily, I own all four:)

Joshua is a good daddy!